November 5, 2012

My cup of tea

Cold fall and winter weather usually has my skin screaming for lotion and any ounce of moisture it can get. I usually load up on Aveeno body lotion and Olay body wash for the shower, but another way I like to keep my skin feeling healthy is by staying super-hydrated. It's not fact, but drinking coffee in the morning always makes me feel dehydrated (I usually guzzle down a glass of water after I finish my coffee), so during the colder months I'm prone to drinking excessive amounts of tea. 

Regular consumption of correctly brewed tea has been shown to reduce oxidation of fat, so that's a plus if you're looking at it from a health perspective. Since I've tried many, many types over the past years, I wanted to share my favorites with all of you. Hopefully you are hot tea connoisseurs like myself and can comment with your faves as well!
xxo
R.C. Bigelow's Orange & Spice Herb Tea: All of the fall-flavors you desire without the pumpkin taste. This is definitely one you want to drink during the fall/winter months, because it both smells and tastes like the season (if that's even possible).


TAZO China Green Tips: One of my favorite green teas. It has a fresh flavor that is all the better when paired with lemon and honey.


Lipton Green Tea with Pomegranate:  Lipton green tea is top three for me, but I love the added flavor you get with their pomogranate green tea. Similar to how I take my green tea, I simply add lemon and honey to perfect the taste.

Dilmah Passion fruit Pomegranate and Honeysuckle: No one has really heard of Dilmah, because it's not technically sold in the US. It is made in Sri Lanka, and my mom always brings home boxes and boxes of it when she goes to Europe for her business. This flavor is the best mixed with a little bit of lemon. I was first introduced to it when it was served cold, with an orange slice, strawberries and blueberries, but I love it hot as well. If you happen to see it in the US, make sure to try it.


Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry Herbal Tea: I am always so blown away by this brand. Honestly, who thinks of coming up with "Sleepytime Tea?" It's genius! While this isn't one of their "Sleepytime" teas, the flavor in this is phenomenal  it doesn't need anything added to it because the taste of the mixed berries and cherry compliment each other well enough alone. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Bigelow's Orange & Spice, It is truly my all time favorite!

    www.girlinthegreenbreeches.com

    ReplyDelete