Cilantro Lime Shrimp (recipe makes enough for two)
- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 t. Mexican oregano
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, split and deveined
- 2 t. chopped cilantro
1. Melt the butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion and jalapeno. Cook, stirring until the onion begins to wilt, approx. 3 minutes.
3. Add the red pepper flakes and oregano.
4. Continue cooking until the onion becomes translucent, approx. 3 additional minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft.
7. Add the shrimp, zest and lime juice, salt and black pepper.
8. Cook until the shrimp are just opaque (be careful not to overcook).
9. Remove the pan from the head and stir in the cilantro.