Whenever I charge my phone, it's either sitting on the counter somewhere in my house or on the ground in my bedroom. Since I don't have a nightstand table to rest it on when I charge it each night and I hate leaving it on the floor (mostly because I trip over the cord and rip it out of the wall), I decided to create my own little iPhone caddy. Using an old lotion bottle and a little paint, it was an easy little project to finish over the weekend! Follow the steps below to make your own.
1. Rinse out an empty lotion bottle with soap and water
2. Trace an outline of where you want to cut (I used an eyeliner just in case I messed up). Cut out with scissors.
3. Then trace a rounded square (for your charger). I used a razor blade + cutting board to cut it out.
4. Because I wanted to paint it with a chevron pattern, I used masking tape to measure the lines of where I would spray paint.
5. Then using gold spray paint, I painted the entire caddy with two coats.
6. Let it dry for at least 3 hours, and then take off the tape. It may not look perfect, which is where the paint + paintbrush come in!
Next, fill in the rest of the space with paint (just be sure to keep a steady hand!)