September 17, 2012

Sweaters at the start of fall



The end of white jeans and dresses means the start of sweater season for me (although I have been cheating on that whole no-white-after-Labor-Day thing). It is somewhat early in the season to begin wearing sweaters, but I've devised five cute ways to wear cozy knits before you really have to start adding the layers. 


The Sweater Mini: It's not yet time for the full-on wool sweater dresses to be brought out, but you can still wear a cute, lightweight sweater dress. Roll up the sleeves and pair it with a long necklace and a messy top-knot bun.


Sweater + Shorts: I'm a huge fan of this cable knit cream crew-neck sweater Gwyneth is sporting here, but what makes it even more seasonal is the fun navy/polka dotted shorts. Just because white shorts are banned doesn't mean all shorts have to see the back of your closet as well.


Sweater + Sequined Mini: This is my favorite look, but also probably the most difficult to pull off! I've been noticing the sweater and sequined skirt trend all over Pinterest for the past few months, and I think it's a great look for the fall, as long as you find the right looking skirt. For this look, gold sequins are the way to go. 


Liquid Leggings + Backless Sweater: It's a shame this sweater is sold out, but I'm on the hunt for one just like it. I've always loved tops/sweaters/dresses that show a lot of back, and I think combining a sweater like this with black liquid or leather leggings would be the perfect match for a day (or even a casual night) out. 



'For the Home Only' Look: This picture has "lazy fall Sunday" written all over it. Definitely a look meant for staying in, I love the thought of an oversized sweater, a cup of coffee and my Bon Iver playlist on repeat for a chilly fall afternoon. 

13 comments:

  1. I love how comfy all of these look - it's making me want hot chocolate, blankets, and hockey games!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an oversized sweater at H&M over the weekend... I wish I had bought it for the home only look! Love each and every one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O geeze you have me craving a cozy fall day! Must find some chic and affordable sweaters of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am suddenly craving much cooler weather so i can snuggle up in a huge oversized sweater and drink a mug of hot chocolate while it is snowing outside...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look fabulous for Fall! Thanks so much for visiting my blog :) I'm your newest follower ;)

    -Fotini

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for the comment on my blog! I can't even SAY how excited I am about cozy knitted sweaters.

    Following you! :)

    jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! love all these sweaters! glad you told me about this post! newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aghhhhhh when will it be cool enough for sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are amazing inspiring photos! I'm following you on pinterest :)

    I'll be happy if you check my blog too
    http://trendydolap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! following you. Love sweater weather. Those are all good styles to wear.
    Patricia http://topiaryrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by! I'm in love with sweaters, and all the ones you picked for this post were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenn! Nice post - I love sweaters, and your picks are so cozy. I especially love the oversized sweater look with leggings and rain boots.

    Hope you're having a great week!

    xo Ana

    www.brokenstiletto.com

    ReplyDelete