September 29, 2012

Lemon Garlic Shrimp over Linguine

In D.C., the drinks are expensive, but the seafood is cheap.

I never really expected to buy as much shrimp as I did when I was there, but because it was so cheap it became a staple in at least one meal a week. I didn't have a recipe to go off of when I decided I wanted to cook what I'd bought one night, so I essentially made this dinner up with what I had in my fridge. Luckily for me, it turned out to be the closest thing to restaurant quality I think I've yet to make... the trick: lots and lots of garlic!


Lemon Garlic Shrimp over Linguine (makes enough for two)

- 10 frozen (or fresh) shrimps
- 1/2 box of linguine pasta
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup olive oil (separated)
- 1 med. tomato, sliced into small chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook linguine.

Thaw shrimp and toss them in a bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper (the marinade). Meanwhile, heat the rest of the olive oil in a skillet and saute garlic and tomatoes. Add shrimp plus the marinade and cook until complete (about 15 minutes, shrimp will shrink up a bit). 


Save 1/2 cup water from boiling the noodles and pour in skillet, making for more sauce. Pour sauce and shrimp over your pasta and enjoy. 

I added a bit more olive oil to my pasta before pouring the shrimp and sauce over it.

6 comments:

  1. Ummm hello! That sounds delicious!!! Haha. Look like ill be trying this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing!! Sadly, I'm not the best cook but I'm working on it! I love shrimp pastas! My dad and I are actually going to get some shrimp florentine tonight :)

    Please be sure to enter my Marinette Jewelry Monogram Giveaway to win a monogrammed necklace or bracelet.
    http://apreppystateofmind.blogspot.com/2012/09/marinette-jewelry-monogram-giveaway.html

    -Rachel @ A Preppy State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont even like shrimp, but this looks tasty!

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats looks delicious! :) x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesomee! :) i really want to try this now haha.

    http://inspiredexperimental.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good!

    http://dashofglamm.blogspot.com/

    Hope you will follow back!

    ReplyDelete