September 2, 2012

Brie and Roasted Grape Grilled Cheese


This is the first post I've done about grilled cheese, one of my favorite sandwiches that still tops my list. I've grown addicted to putting apples in between the slices of cheese. After I saw this recipe for grape grilled cheese, I didn't think it sounded appetizing, but roasting the grapes is what makes it delicious. With the right bread and brie, this is the perfect end-of-the-summer sandwich, both tasty and sweet!


Brie and Roasted Grape Grilled Cheese
Ingredients:
1-2 tablespoons softened butter
2 slices of French bread/Italian bread
enough thin slices of Brie to cover both slices of bread
a bunch of grapes, washed and dried
olive oil
salt and pepper
Recipe: (First you have to roast the grapes)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Rub grapes with olive oil, then place on a baking sheet. You can pull each grape off the stem, or leave them in a bunch; it doesn’t matter. Sprinkle with salt. Place in oven and roast until grapes have started to shrivel and juices are dripping onto pan, about 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool while you assemble grilled cheese sandwich. 
Making the grilled cheese:
Arrange Brie cheese to cover one slice of buttered bread. Add a few roasted grapes, pressing gently into the cheese. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Add the rest of the Brie cheese on top. Cover the sandwich with the other slice of buttered bread. Press together gently.
Place the sandwich in pan and press down slightly with a spatula (making sure not to burst the roasted grapes). Cook until the cheese on the bottom half starts to melt, then flip the sandwich over and cook until bottom is toasted and cheese has melted.

2 comments:

  1. Heaven! I eat way more grilled cheese sandwiches than I should but I can't help myself, they're delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to make this ASAP! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete