September 14, 2012

Grandma's Impossible Pie

I love eggs.  My old roommate from freshman year would always joke that I was like that girl on "The Amanda Show" from Nickelodeon that always professed her love for eggs.  Surely I'm not that obsessed, but I do love making omelettes and quiche for breakfast or dinner. They're very simple and take barely any time to make.

My grandma's recipe is my favorite. I left out the ham because I didn't have any, but you can't make it without the Bisquick... it basically takes the place of the crust and makes the quiche nice and fluffy. :)

How do you feel about quiche?







































Grandma's Impossible Pie:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli or frozen (or 1 cup broccoli + 1 cup ham cubes)
- 2 T chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4-6 oz.)
- Lightly greased large pie plate (bigger than 9 in)

(Mix above ingredients in the pie plate)

- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper

(Beat until smooth and pour over mixture in pie plate) 

Bake until golden brown, about 35-40 minutes, and until inserted knife comes out clean. Let stand five minutes before serving.

Andddd, in case you don't know who Debbie is...

3 comments:

  1. This looks sooo good! I love quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner, whatever and this is so simple to make! Whenever I can try to sneak in broccoli to my family I try :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! From Jenny @ www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I make quiche a lot but never used bisquick in it - I will have to give it a try. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete