September 27, 2012

Uggs be gone

This fall, I want to retire my UGG boots. I have two pairs --short brown and tall black ones-- and while they've gotten the job done, I've realized that there are so many other options out there. My major issue with UGGs is the fact that they truly are not, by any means, waterproof. I nearly had a meltdown two years ago when I caught my younger brother, almost knee-deep in snow, shoveling the driveway in a pair of my UGGs. Well that was their major test of waterproofness, and needless to say, they failed horribly. 

These lace-up boots below are some of my favorites, and unlike the sheep-skinned UGGs, these can withstand rain, sleet and snow, while still keeping your feet warm. I'd pair them with leggings and an oversized sweater and boot socks or with skinny jeans, a plaid button-down and a puffer vest. 

Are you ready to ditch your UGGs for the season?

xxo



3 comments:

  1. I love my duck boots! They keep nice and dry in the slushy spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love second and third one !
    Do you want to follow each other?

    www.izabielaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ugg boots are gross after two years, but we don't get any snow where I live so I am about to invest in some hunter boots!

    ReplyDelete