September 21, 2012

One title, three favorite songs

I wanted to do a post this week about music, and because it's a little too early to post my "fall weather, cozy on up by the fireplace" playlist, I thought I'd share another part of my music library instead. When searching for a song the other day, I realized I have three songs in my iTunes with the same title: Home. Three different artists, one single title. It's likely you've already heard them, but I thought I'd share them anyway, hopefully you'll add them to your library if they don't already exist there.  :)


1. "Home" by Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros. This song is the epitome of happiness. I would love to see this band live, which is why I chose to post this video over an in-studio version. This performance shows how much heart this group has.


2. "Home" by Phillip Phillips. His voice sounds just like Marcus Mumford's and his lyrics are [almost] just as good.


3. "Home" by Mumford and Sons. This song has actually been renamed very recently to Holland Road, for the release of Mumford's new album (which is next week!), but it will always be its original title to me. I listened to this song when I was away for my last semester of college more times than I could count, and now it's all I can think of when I hear it.

3 comments:

  1. Great post !

    Love your style and see you as such as good inspiration :) !

    I'm an instant follower of you now :)


    I'm working on a questions tag would you help me and leave a question for me ?:)


    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you when you said that Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is "the epitome of happiness"; it really is! I always put that song on and dance around my room and it instantly puts me in a great mood! (:

    Carrie
    http://lego-house.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, your blog is SO cozy! I love it! This is a great idea for a post! I find myself doing the same thing, searching for a song but playing one with the same name. That Phillip Phillips song is great, and man he really hit it big getting like THE song of the Olympics, and it's in that new movie, Trouble With The Curve. Ooh I can't wait to check out the new Mumford album! Perfect timing for fall. Think they did that on purpose?


    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete