September 13, 2012

Must read: Mrs. Kennedy and Me

I've been having a Kennedy fetish lately.  Everyone goes through one of these, right?


I'm starting to think it's a little unhealthy, especially because the last two books I've read (and the one I'm currently reading) is based on those few years of Camelot.  But hey, it could be worse... I could have an addiction to the Fifty Shades of Gray series, and what can you learn from that (besides extremely ridiculous sexual jargon)? I stopped at one with that trilogy.

Mrs. Kennedy and Me, on the other hand, is the story of Jackie Kennedy and the Secret Service agent assigned to protect her, Clint Hill. Hill, who is now 80, was with Jackie every single day, including that awful November day in Dallas. The book was eye-opening, and it gives you a raw look at Jackie from someone who knew her better than any other author could begin to explain.


No matter what your politics, we're all enthralled by the Kennedys. This book shows you the true Jackie, and how her grace and unique style will forever be unmatchable by another First Lady.

xxo

3 comments:

  1. I have a teeny tiny little obsession with the Kennedy's too. I am putting this book on my Read list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jenn! Thanks for stopping by my blog! The book you've mentioned has actually made me very curious. I'm not an avid reader but have read a few books here and there. My BIBLE is the only book I read everyday~~~~but this book about Jackie does sound intriguing! I believe she was a true sophisticated woman. I was surprised when she became sick and died. I would have thought she would have lived to be very old. Never know....I am your newest follower! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Can't wait to read this book! It looks good!!

    ReplyDelete