February 7, 2013

Leather-sleeved jackets


When I was a sophomore in college about two years ago, my mom bought me a coat from BCBG that I had been swooning over for over six months. Being the sale stalker that she is (I learned from the best!), it wound up under the Christmas tree after she'd found it on super-sale for almost 60% off. To this day, it is still one of my favorite coats for many reasons, but one specifically: its faux leather sleeves.

In 2010, I remember getting strange looks on campus. Here I was, wearing an all black long peacoat with leather sleeves among other students clad in sweats and Uggs, because I dressed up for class more often than not. I called it my "Matrix" coat because I was surely channeling Keanu Reeves, but I loved it because it was something no one else had.

Now, almost everyone wants a coat with leather (or 'pleather') sleeves. The look can dress up or down an outfit, depending on what you pair your jacket with.

What would you wear a leather-sleeved jacket with?

                         
                                                              Clockwise from top-left: {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6}



2 comments:

  1. That is incredible, your mother is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love leather sleeved jackets, I have just ordered one from H&M and I am impatiently waiting for it to arrive! I have already planned lots of outfits to go with it, different dresses, skirts, jeans, basically anything really! A very versatile piece indeed :)

    Your Mum sounds ace! Yes I really do still use the word 'ace' what can I say, I am British and 31, lol.

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete