January 24, 2013

Roasted brussel sprouts with sea salt

I always hated brussel sprouts with a passion. Every time I saw them, I cringed, because they always looked unsettlingly gross, like shriveled little lettuce heads. However, I have turned a new leaf (ironically) as of late, because I've created a new way of making them, which doesn't involve boiling them until they become a soggy mess. 

Now I make these at least once a week and will eat them either with dinner or as a quick snack. Added bonus: they're one of the world's most nutritious veggies! Read up on their healthy benefits here, but first, learn how to make them the way I love 'em.



Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Sea Salt (makes enough for 4)

- 1 dozen brussel sprouts, halved to make 24 pieces
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 t sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. After washing and halving brussel sprouts, pat off extra water with paper towels. You may see that they are loosing a few layers of their leafy shell, but that happens usually, don't fret. Place the sprouts in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss in oil, and spread on a baking sheet (no need for cooking spray, they're already coated in olive oil!). Sprinkle with sea salt and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. 

3 comments:

  1. I usually don't eat these, but you make them look good good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love brussel sprouts! I always thought they looked like cute miniature lettuce heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in a brussel sprouts phase lately. I discovered that the frozen ones aren't bad either, so I usually keep a bag on hand. I think they're an acquired taste.

    ReplyDelete