January 4, 2013

Getting off on the right foot

I don't know what it is, but there's something about quirky decor that's struck a chord in my interior design fantasies lately. I may be frequenting Anthropologie too often and daydreaming about going on a spending frenzy in their home section, but when I do get a place of my own I plan on adding a small piece of Dylan Kendall to it.

While her design company is fairly young (it just launched last year), her talent as a ceramicist with an original idea solidified her place in the home decor department. Enter: the footed bowl.

 
I'd be surprised if Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie weren't bending over backwards to get their hands on selling a large number of these whimsical dishes. Kendall's site also features vases, mugs, salt and pepper shakers and more with the little footed design. My favorite are the bowls, used as part of a serving set or simply a counter-top statement piece to fill with fruit. Talk about a conversation starter!

7 comments:

  1. How unusual! Cool find.

    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know.

    www.fashionbeautyquest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. my oh my do those footed dishes blow my mind! I just found your blog today and am so excited to see what you post! I joined your site! Feel free to check out my creative little blog as well :) blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following - following you via gfc!

    www.fashionbeautyquest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bowls!


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete