January 14, 2013

101 in 1,001


Happy Monday everyone! I wanted to start the week by filling you in on an update here on A Pop of Style. If you hadn't noticed, I added a new page near the top called "101 in 1001." Inspired by Design Darling's Mackenzie Horan, I made a list of 101 goals to accomplish in 1,001 days, which is about 2.75 years. Some of the goals are a little embarrassing  such as learning how to fold a fitted sheet or accomplishing a small amount of push-ups without cheating, but there are a few other more serious ones on there as well. I've copied the entire list below, hopefully some of them aren't too out there!

One of the goals just happens to be to inspire others to make their own list. So, if after reading my own you find yourself wanting to make a list as well, please comment below with the link so I can check them out, and link back to your blog. :)

Wish me luck!

xxo

101 in 1,001

1. Complete this list with 101 things to accomplish (January 2013)
2. Find a job I can say I truly love
3. Move into my own apartment
4. Learn how to cook mussels
5. Pay off my student loans in full
6. Invest in one {very nice!} designer bag
7. Learn how to drive stick shift
8. Run through a fountain with friends 
9. Read Atlas Shrugged
10. Go skiing or snowboarding
11. Complete 26 Acts of Kindness honoring the victims of Newtown, CT
12. Workout 5 days a week for 2 weeks
13. Go boxing with a friend
14. Throw a "Fucking Catalina Wine Mixer"
15. Bake a pie from scratch
16. Read every Jane Austen novel
17. Watch "It's a Wonderful Life" for the first time ever
18. Watch "Schindler's List" for the first time ever
19. Give a homeless person a gift
20. See "The Bean" in Chicago
21. Go to a rooftop party
22. Go to an outdoor flea market
23. Spend an afternoon baking with my grandma
24. Learn how to fishtail braid
25. Go white water rafting
26. Make someone I love breakfast in bed
27. Visit my best friend in Los Angeles
28. Get my own business cards
29. Buy something beautiful from Inslee
30. Give blood
31. Go three weeks without nail polish
32. Get a least one more stamp in my passport
33. Learn to change a tire
34. Throw a surprise party for a friend
35. Write a letter to a U.S. soldier
36. Volunteer at a children's hospital
37. Drink wine at a vineyard
38. Play tennis with my little brother
39. Go salsa dancing
40. See The Nutcracker
41. Visit a city in the US I've never been to before
42. Bake brownies from scratch
43. Reach 501 followers on A Pop of Style
44. Complete 5 DIY projects from Pinterest
45. Eat dinner by candlelight
46. Put my feet in the Pacific
47. Sit on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial after dark with friends
48. Buy a panini maker
49. Watch all of the seasons of Friends
50. Do karaoke at a bar (alone!)
51. Watch all of "The Godfather" movies
52. Make a recipe from Julia Child's cookbook
53. Get photoshop on my computer
54. Read a newspaper every morning for 2 weeks
55. Go to a farmers market
56. Do 15 pushups without cheating
57. Be published in 10 different magazines
58. Visit another presidential library
59. Watch "The Princess Bride" for the first time ever
60. See a comedy show
61. Try yoga for the first time
62. Write ten new quotes in my quote book each month
63. Read The Great Gatsby
64. Go through my closet and give what I don't need to Goodwill
65. Learn how to jump a car
66. Buy a giant American flag for my apartment
67. Spend a rainy afternoon in a local bookstore
68. Send out 50 handwritten notes, just because
69. Go rock climbing
70. Subscribe to a magazine
71. Throw a picnic
72. go on a warrior dash/mud run with friends
73. Complete a large jigsaw puzzle
74. Go on a bar crawl
75. Visit the zoo
76. Make lobster
77. Go horseback riding
78. Learn how to play chess
79. Go to the shooting range with my dad
80. Go ice skating outside
81. Visit Central Park
82. Buy personalized stationary
83. Launch an interview series on my blog
84. Write a love letter
85. Inspire at least 3 people to make their own list
86. Achieve at least 20 comments on one post
87. Invest in a pair of riding boots
88. Go one month without eating takeout
89. Buy someone's coffee for them
90. Visit the top of the Empire State Building
91. Buy an refurbish a vintage piece of furniture
92. Go apple picking
93. Learn how to fold a fitted sheet
94. Attend the Kentucky Derby
95. Visit Cleveland's cultural gardens
96. Visit all 3 9/11 disaster locations
97. Write a letter to my 30 year-old self to open on my 30th birthday
98. Go bike riding throughout a city
99. Attend a fashion show
100. Have dinner on a rooftop
101. Mail a friend a surprise package

4 comments:

  1. So many of these would be on my list too! Fishtail braid- determined to learn, Kentuck Derby- yes please!, jump a car- so practical and necessary. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good idea! :)

    <3Jessie
    http://inspiredexperimental.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is an awesome list and I love the entire idea of it! I think you just inspired one to start a list of my own.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. I am going to work on mine today and post a link once its done.

    www.pearlsandpeacocks.com

    ReplyDelete