May 1, 2013

Menswear Wednesday: The Kentucky Derby, Men's style


Vineyard Vines is the first thing to come to mind when I think of Derby attire for men. The seersucker, bow ties, pastel button downs and schoolboy blazers are the overarching themes for men during this weekend. Madras are also popular, but I think they come second to seersucker. The men in these VV ads from last year hit the nail on the head with all of the items above -- bonus points for having a mint julep in hand! While Vineyard Vines is an ideal place to shop for this type of wardrobe, I found a few other "hidden gems" for a man to find the perfect look for this weekend. 







4 comments:

  1. I love these belts!

    PS now that you're officially a DC blogger you should join Cap FABB so you can come to the events :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has a Tucker Blair and a Smathers belt and I actually steal them and wear them over dresses! I have to knot them pretty creatively though! :)

    Jessie

    jessieholmesspringer.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love High Cotton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vineyard Vines Men’s Slim Fit Whale Shirt Button Down Dress Shirt

    Thank you so much! Y’all are the best! Always so encouraging and sweet to me! Happy tuesday !

    ReplyDelete