May 1, 2013

Menswear Wednesday: The Kentucky Derby, Men's style


Vineyard Vines is the first thing to come to mind when I think of Derby attire for men. The seersucker, bow ties, pastel button downs and schoolboy blazers are the overarching themes for men during this weekend. Madras are also popular, but I think they come second to seersucker. The men in these VV ads from last year hit the nail on the head with all of the items above -- bonus points for having a mint julep in hand! While Vineyard Vines is an ideal place to shop for this type of wardrobe, I found a few other "hidden gems" for a man to find the perfect look for this weekend. 







3 comments:

  1. I love these belts!

    PS now that you're officially a DC blogger you should join Cap FABB so you can come to the events :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has a Tucker Blair and a Smathers belt and I actually steal them and wear them over dresses! I have to knot them pretty creatively though! :)

    Jessie

    jessieholmesspringer.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love High Cotton!

    ReplyDelete