May 29, 2013

Menswear Wednesday: A turn on the classics

Ray-Ban Wayfarers are arguably the most popular style of sunglasses ever manufactured. John F. Kennedy and Roy Orbison constantly donned the frames, originally created in 1956. They created a break from the metal eyewear style of the past, and were only ever challenged by Aviators as being the best-selling sunglasses designed in history. While I love a good pair of Wayfarers on a guy, I'm currently loving this pair more. A mix of Wayfarers and Aviator look, the Ray-Ban Clubmaster's design was inspired by the lifestyle of he '50s and '60s.
They're popular for both men and women, but I think the men below pulled it off pretty well. Hey, even the guys from Reservoir Dogs donned 'em.


4 comments:

  1. Clubmasters are my go to choice for sunglasses! I wear the tortoise with the green tinted lenses every day and they're by far my favorite pair of Ray-Bans.

    xoxo
    polishedinpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete