This is the first blog award I've been nominated for, thanks to the gal from Books, Beauty and Bars on a Budget. It's an award reserved for bloggers with less than 200 followers, and I'm excited to answer the following questions she has prepared for me. Below are my answers, and the ten bloggers I've nominated with my own ten questions.
1. If you could have unlimited clothes from one brand/designer who would it be?
- Without a doubt, Anthropologie. They've been #1 for me for about three years now, and they continue to wow me with their designs. Every time.
2. What is one piece of jewelry that you always wear?
- My watch. I just got it this May for graduation from my parents, and now I don't know how I went the past four years without one, I love it.
3. What is one thing that you believe no wardrobe can't survive without?
- This is probably a common answer, but the perfect little black dress. I have one that I found at Dillards on sale this summer. You can wear it in the office with a blazer, or for a weekend night out by pairing it with great heels and a statement necklace.
4. What is your favorite brand of jeans?
- I'm not really a jeans type of person... I don't think I've worn a pair since March! But if I had to pick, I'd say Express... they're the only brand that fits me perfectly.
5. What place do you love to travel to most?
- In the U.S., Chicago. It's so pretty and there's SO much shopping to conquer on Michigan Ave. As for the rest of the world, Italy is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. There's so much to learn! (And the shopping isn't too bad there either ;) )
6. Heels, flats, or sandals?
- I think my feet look awkward in flats, so I never really like wearing them. I'd say heels, but they can't be too high-- I'm already 5' 8"!
7. What fall trend are you most looking forward to?
- Loafers with tassels, as you can see from my blog post below! Or chunky, oversized sweaters with southwest inspired prints.
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- That it allows me to write every day.
9. What is your favorite summer read?
- Something non-fiction. I'm not one to really get into those beach reads about steamy love affairs, I always love learning about history when I read. Does that make me a nerd?
10. Which blog inspires you most?
- Running on Happiness. The girls got AMAZING style, and it's affordable too.
11. What is your favorite song of the summer?
- I've been listening to this old/random song a lot this summer, it's called Take Your Mama. It's catchy... but either that or anything by Drake. Yes, those are two totally different genres, I know!
The blogs I've nominated
3. Emily Ruth
1. What is one of your favorite pieces of clothing for fall weather?
2. If you could dress a guy in the perfect outfit for the summer, what would it be?
3. Outlet malls... love them or hate them?
4. What is the best deal you ever got on a piece of clothing?
5. What is one beauty item you can't live without?
6. Do you have a LBD?
7. What is the most important staple for an office wardrobe?
8. How does the blogosphere help you improve your style?
9. What is your favorite blog and why?
10. Skirts or dresses?