July 8, 2013

Weekend/Fourth of July recap

I hope everyone had a nice, long holiday weekend! I started the Fourth watching the parade from the National Archives with a few friends. The weather was almost unbearably hot, and did not cool down by the time the sun went down. However, I was very lucky to have had the chance to watch fireworks from the Capitol, and I can now say nothing will ever top it!

My friend Alex works in the Capitol and was able to get a few of us on the list to watch the concert and fireworks from the Capitol. Unbeknownst to us, Niel Diamond was performing at the concert, so you could imagine our excitement when he started singing "Sweet Caroline" and a crowd of thousands began singing along. 

Definitely an unforgettable Independence Day!








3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fantastic fourth of july weekend! I love your american flag scarf, so adorable! Your pictures are such a delight to look at!

    Xoxo
    mQs

    shorelifeofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete