December 11, 2012

Party Ryes


I promise you, these don't taste like they look. Party Ryes are something my parents made to take to parties all of the time, and I always avoided eating them because I'm not a fan of olives. Turns out, you can't taste them at all. I made this last week for a post-Thanksgiving dinner party, and as usual they were a huge hit. With only five ingredients and about ten minutes of prep time, I can assure you they're worth making, especially during the holiday party season!

Party Ryes

- 1 small can chopped blacked olives
- 1 small jar helmans mayonaise
- 3/4 of a 16 oz. bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small can bacon bits
- 1 loaf of cocktail rye bread (mini rye bread loaf)

Mix and spread on rye breads, and bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts (about 25 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment