December 6, 2012

Winter weather playlist

Right before the holiday break of my last year of high school, my AP Literature class was assigned to read Bronte's Wuthering Heights. I can still remember my teacher--still one of the smartest women I know-- talking about her inability to read this book any other time of the year. Since then, I've found myself mentally organizing most of the books I read into categories based on the weather...? It sounds silly, but can you imagine reading about the dreary, sullen landscape of Thrushcross Grange on the beach?

It seems as if I've taken this concept and applied it to music as well. At least in terms of playlists. There are certain artists/songs I've categorized as perfect for listening to during the cold, winter months. I've always felt Bon Iver's music is perfect for a December day near the fireplace, cozied up with a magazine, blanket and a hot cup of cocoa.

Below is my winter playlist (not to be confused with a holiday playlist!). Yes, there's a lot of Bon Iver, but can you really blame me? His music is just that good.

xxo

Winter weather playlist

1. Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
2. Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan
3. Babel - Mumford and Sons
4. Blood Bank - Bon Iver
5. If Tonight is my Last - Laura Izibor
6. Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said the Last Time I Saw You - Wakey!Wakey!
7. The Girl - City and Colour
8. White Blank Page - Mumford and Sons
9. Darkness on the Edge of Town - Bruce Springsteen
10. Skinny Love - Bon Iver

No comments:

Post a Comment