April 28, 2013

Kentucky Derby fashion week

The Kentucky Derby is this weekend, and regardless of whether you have a ticket or not, chances are you may be attending a Derby party this weekend. My friend Dana and I went to one last year, and because the Derby fell on May 5th, half of the people there were also dressed in Cinco de Mayo attire! At the last minute we decided we also needed big, outrageous floppy hats, but the closest thing we could find to the classic Royal Wedding-esque accessory were sun hats from Target. 


For those of you getting in the Derby spirit this weekend, I thought I'd put together a few posts to begin tomorrow for Derby fashion and throwing a Derby party. Stay tuned!

xxo

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love floppy hats and derby wear, so I can't wait to see more of your derby posts :)

    -Rachel
    www.apreppystateofmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete